You can browse the Paintingarta website without telling us who you are or, by revealing personal information about yourself. If you browse sites that are not yet registered as users, we can collect information regarding your website activities, such as which artwork you see or if you have added artwork to your shopping basket. This information can be stored in a cookie to provide a more personal experience when you return to the site on the same computer as that cookie. After you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on a server located in the United States. Our servers are provided by Amazon Web Services and are protected in a secure virtual private cloud only for Paintingarta.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) financial information, such as credit cards.
- Transactional information is based on your activity on the site (such as buying or selling artwork and content that you produce or that is related to your account).
- Activities on the site include but are not limited to browsing activities, items added to favorites, and items added to shopping carts.
- Shipping, billing, and other information that you provide to buy or ship goods.
- Chat, dispute resolution, correspondence through Paintingarta, and correspondence sent to us.
- Other information from your interactions with our site, services, content and advertisements, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the site, advertising data, IP addresses, and standard web log information.
- Additional information that we ask you to send to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we might ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of the items you registered).
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data.
- Other additional information from third parties (for example, if you owe to Paintingarta, we will usually carry out a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from the credit bureau, as permitted by law).
Use of Information
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and personal experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the customer service and support you requested.
- Resolve disputes, collect costs, and resolve problems.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the Paintingarta User Agreement.
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising.
- Tells you about our services and our family of companies, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Compare information for accuracy, and verification with third parties.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information in response to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that lists or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety. This information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
If you access our site from a shared computer or a computer in a public space, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activities or reminders from Paintingarta, can also be seen by others who use the computer after you if you have not logged out.
Using Information from Paintingarta
Paintingarta allows you to share personal and financial information to complete transactions. To help protect your privacy, we only allow limited access to contact information and other user shipments to facilitate your transaction. When users engage in transactions, they have access to their names, shipping addresses and telephone numbers. If you receive any personal information as part of a transaction, you agree to the information only for the purpose of fulfilling and shipping the items purchased.
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain pages to help analyze the flow of our web pages; customize our services, content and advertisements; measure the effectiveness of promotions, and ensure the overall security of the Paintingarta market.
- Provide information that is targeted to your interests.
- Promote and enforce our market security.
- Measure the effectiveness of promotions.
- Analysis of web page flow.
No Spam, Spy ware or Spoofing
Paintingarta and our users do not tolerate spam. Be sure to set your Paintingarta notification preferences so that we communicate with you as you wish. You are not permitted to add other Paintingarta users, even users who have purchased items from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their written consent. To report spam related to Paintingarta or the possibility of a fake email to Paintingarta, please forward the email to [email protected]
You may not use our communication tools to send spam or send content that will violate the Paintingarta User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not store messages sent permanently through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our market (through Refer-a-Friend or another tool), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purposes. We do not rent or sell this e-mail address.
Your password is the key for your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and don’t reveal your Paintingarta password to anyone. If you share your password or personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken on behalf of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose great control of your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you must immediately notify Paintingarta and change your password.
Important Tips for Choosing a Password:
- Choose a password that is at least 8 characters long with a combination of lowercase letters, big numbers, and symbols such as exclamation points, or asterisks.
- Choose a password that is private to you and only you. Do not choose your name, or birthday, your partner’s name, because this is easily cracked.
Access, Review and Change Your Personal Information
You can view, review and change most of your personal information by logging into Paintingarta. In general, we will not manually change your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must immediately update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. After you make a public post, you might not be able to change or delete it. At your request, we will close your account and delete your personal information from view as soon as possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We store personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, solve problems, assist in any investigation, enforce the Paintingarta User Agreement, and take other actions permitted by law.
Your information is stored on a server provided by Amazon Web Services located in the United States. We treat data as assets that must be protected and use many tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you may know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or personal communications, and other users can abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or personal communication will always remain private.
If your question is not answered online, you can write to us.